Whenever possible, the team uses conservative, noninvasive treatments, like custom orthotics, activity modification, and choosing more comfortable footwear. For more complex issues, the team offers surgical care, such as reconstructive surgery, and wound care, and diabetic wound care.
Athletes of all skill levels regularly visit the practice for the treatment of sports injuries, including Achilles tendonitis, ankle sprains, heel pain, plantar fasciitis, and shin splints. Children and teens can receive diagnosis and treatment of pediatric disorders.
To receive high-quality podiatry care in a welcoming environment, partner with the team at MB Comprehensive Foot and Ankle Specialists. Call the nearest office today, or click the online booking feature.
- Custom Orthotics
- Digital XRays
- Sports Medicine
- Wound Care
- Foot and Ankle surgery for elective and reconstructive conditions
- Foot and Ankle Trauma/injuries/fractures
- Diabetic Wound Care
- Various Skin conditions using state of the art laboratories for Biopsies/cultures & sensitivities, as well as blood tests.
- Xrays on Site (love the pics)
- Custom Orthotics (should have pics of actual orthotics)
- Sports Medicine
- Physical Therapy
- braces/shoes/cam-walkers/surgical shoes for deformities
- Regenerative medicine (PRP and Stem Cells)
- pinpoint nail fungus treatments (in the about section)
- Swift machine for Wart treatments using new microwave technologies
Custom foot orthotics are designed to align the foot and ankle into the most anatomically efficient position. They look similar to insoles, but are biomedical appliances that are custom made to correct your specific foot imbalance. The plastic body of the custom orthotic helps to re-align the foot while you walk. We understand that everyone is different, which is why custom foot orthotics are made just for you.
At MB Comprehensive Foot and Ankle Specialists, we value your time and are proud to offer our patients in-house, state-of-the-art digital radiographs. We understand that proper treatment begins with an accurate diagnosis, and our digital x-ray service enables us to diagnose and confirm any bone or soft tissue injuries and conditions that can be hard to determine through a physical exam. Unlike traditional x-rays that use film, digital x-rays are safer exposing patients to less radiation and faster allowing doctors to view results within minutes. With this state-of-the-art technology, we can save you time and begin customizing treatment and therapies for your needs.
We know how much your foot health can impact your athletic performance, and it is our priority to help get you off of the sidelines and back in the game. Whether you are dealing with a recurring injury or an accident from the big game, we are here to support you through each step of your therapy. Below is a list of some of the most common sports and sports-related injuries we see in our office:
- Martial Arts and Kickboxing: Plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, sesamoiditis, and ankle sprains. Proper stretching is vital to injury prevention, specifically, a minimum of 15 minutes before beginning exercise.
- Aerobics: With 26 bones in the foot and impact forces reaching up to six times the force of gravity, proper shoes are essential when participating in aerobics. Shoes must provide shock absorption and proper cushioning, as well as stability.
- Team Sports: Baseball, basketball, soccer, football, field hockey, and lacrosse often lead to foot and ankle injuries. Artificial surfaces, improper footwear, and inadequate stretching are recipes for disaster.
Ulcers on the foot may not always come with pain, but they are serious conditions that should be evaluated by a medical professional. The symptoms of ulcers may include drainage, or red, inflamed tissue. To properly diagnose and develop a treatment plan x-rays may be ordered.